To relish Turkey’s rich culture, delectable cuisine, and astonishing historic architecture, travelers from the United States (US) can quickly obtain a Turkish eVisa instead of waiting for the traditional Sticker or Stamp visa. Given the astounding increase in US citizens traveling to Turkey for holidaying or business purposes, the government initiated an electronic visa application system, allowing US citizens to receive an electronic copy of their Turkey visa conveniently. There’s now no need to personally visit the local Turkish embassy or consulate to submit support documents and obtain the visa. Here are all the necessary details on Turkey visa US.
- 1 Turkey Visa for US Citizens – What You Need to Know?
- 2 Turkey Visa for US Documents Requirements:
- 3 How Can US Passport Holders Apply and Receive a Turkey Visa?
- 4 Turkey Visa for US Citizens Application Requirements:
- 5 How Much is a Visa to Turkey From the USA?
- 6 How Long Can US Citizens Stay in Turkey?
- 7 Turkey Visa and Entry : Coronavirus Update:
- 8 Record of Travel of United States Citizens to Turkey:
Turkey Visa for US Citizens – What You Need to Know?
The government of Turkey has introduced an online visa system, which allows American citizens to obtain a visit visa electronically. US citizens can now conveniently apply for Turkey Visa for US Citizens right from their home or office.
There are many interesting and amazing tips and suggetions about Kiwi bird that you may not know. for example fashion nails Whether you’re interested in birds, Kiwi Bird, or Birds facts, you’ll find the information you need on About Kiwi Birds.
A Turkey electronic visa can work both as a short-term business visa and tourist visa. Hence, US citizens can visit Turkey for tourism or business/trade purposes and can stay in the country for up to 3 months. However, travelers must plan a visit to Turkey within 180 days from the date the visa was issued. Moreover, the eVisa to Turkey will stay valid for up to 90 days, starting from the time you entered the country.
Purpose of Visit:
The Turkey e visa for US citizens is an ideal option for short tourist purpose and business-related or recreational trips to Turkey. If you want to make several trips within the 180-day validity period of Turkey eVisa, you should apply for a multiple-entry visa. Similarly, if you intend to visit the country just once apply for a single-entry visa.
Once submitted, travelers can expect to receive the visa approval within one business day. However, during busy times, when there are many visa applications, you may have to wait for the visa. You can apply for Turkey visa for US anytime, but ideally, apply at least two days before the date of your travel.
Turkey Visa for US Documents Requirements:
There are certain essential documents you will submit when applying for a Turkey visa. These include:
- A scn copy of passport containing two blank pages at least and a minimum of 180 days validity from the date of your arrival in Turkey
- A valid email address to receive the visa approval letter and other important updates
- An active debit or credit card to pay the visa fee
Currently, there aren’t any other support documents required by American citizens to apply for a Turkey visa.
How Can US Passport Holders Apply and Receive a Turkey Visa?
American passport holders can conveniently apply for a Turkish eVisa from anywhere and anytime. You only require an internet connection and access to laptops, tablets, smartphones, or desktop computers to complete the visa application process. You should apply for the Turkey visa for US at least 48 hours before your travel date to avoid unnecessary delays. Also, do not book flights or accommodation in Turkey until you receive a visa approval letter in your email.
The visa applications are immediately processed. The Turkish immigration department reviews every visa application carefully and issues an approval letter usually within one business day. However, information mismatches between your passport and the Turkey eVisa application form can delay the application processing.
Once it is approved by the Turkish authorities, you will receive an email containing the electronic copy of the eVisa. When you receive the approval letter, immediately take a printed copy of the Turkey Visa FAQ and download the electronic copy on your mobile device to avoid any inconvenience. When you arrive in Turkey, the passport control officers will verify the visa validity using their online verification system, and immigration officers will stamp the passport. You must use the same passport on your visit to Turkey, which you used to apply for the eVisa. Otherwise, your visa will be canceled upon arrival.
Turkey Visa for US Citizens Application Requirements:
Eligible US citizens can apply for a Turkish electronic visa by filling out an online form click apply turkey visa from US. Personal details, such as full name and surname, birth date, place of birth, gender, residential address, email ID, and contact number will be required. Additionally, the applicant has to provide details of their passport, including passport number, and its issue and expiry date.
The applicant must mention their country of birth and the estimated entry date in Turkey. Moreover, US citizens will mandatorily have to answer security-related questions no matter if they are applying for a business visa or tourist visa to Turkey. Before submitting the application form, always cross-check the information for accuracy and validity to avoid any delays later. Applicants have to pay visa fees at the time of applying.
How Much is a Visa to Turkey From the USA?
The cost of a visa to Turkey from the USA depends on the type of visa or processing time. There are several different types of visas for Turkey. These generally are categorized according to travellers’ purpose of visit, such as tourism, business, work etc., and the length of time they want to spend in Turkey. The visa validity period for US citizens also varies as per the visa type.
If you are an American citizen and want to apply for a Turkish visa online, the visa cost will be different even then. That’s because the charges for those who have opted for extra services like registration with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) are different from those who didn’t opt for additional services.
So, the final cost of your visa to Turkey will be determined after you have selected all the services available on the Turkish e-Visa application system. It is possible to use your Turkey e-Visa for tourism, business, and transit purposes. Turkey e-Visa allows US travellers permission to stay for up to 3 months in the country. But, given the ongoing COVID-19-related changes in travel policies imposed by the Turkish government, travellers from the USA may need additional documents to get an e-Visa, which includes a negative PCR test. Keep in mind that your passport should be valid for at least 150 days from your intended arrival date in Turkey if you want to apply for a Turkey e-Visa.
Turkey has introduced a new health declaration form to help stop the spread of COVID-19. All persons traveling to Turkey will now have to fill out a Form for Entry to Turkey before entering the country. The form must be filled in within the last 72 hours before travel.
How Long Can US Citizens Stay in Turkey?
After the Turkey e-visa is approved, US citizens will be entitled to stay in the country for up to 180 days. However, keep in mind that the visa validity date starts from its date of issue and not the date of arrival in Turkey. On the other hand, the stay validity will be up to 90 days from the date of your arrival in the country. US citizens can also apply for multiple-entry visas if they wish to make several trips to Turkey within the allotted 180 days period. This would be in addition to the single-entry visa.
American travellers must complete all the Turkey visa online application procedures 48 hours before their date of travel to Turkey. This is necessary if you want to avoid unnecessary delays or other visa-related complications. Although the concerned authorities immediately process almost all visas, you may have to wait for some time to get the approval if there are too many visa applications.
In such a scenario, if you apply at the eleventh hour, you may not be able to fly to Turkey as per your plan because you won’t get the visa. Turkish e-visa can indeed be obtained within one day to up to a few hours, but you should apply 2, 3 days before your travel date.
- Are US citizens allowed to enter Turkey? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and / or serology) required for entry? No, a PCR test will be administered until you show symptoms of COVID-19.
- On June 11, Turkey announced opening most of its international air, land, and sea borders. but the land border with Iran and Syria is remains closed. and Passengers arriving from Afghanistan or Bangladesh will not even be permission to enter.
- To date, tourist travelers do not require any specific health documents to enter/exit Turkey. when there are come for tourism or business trade purposes then don’t need another document. unless they come for medical treatment.
- COVID-19 control measures for air, land and sea travel are in process underway. Travelers arriving in Turkey will be required to complete an information form and be checked for symptoms. Anyone in doubt that COVID-19 will be rushed to the hospital for examination. If a person is found to be COVID-19 on a particular aircraft / vehicle / vessel, information forms completed on arrival will be used to keep in contact with others; Those individuals would then be subjected to 14-day isolation / quarantine. Clean the hands often after exposure to respiratory secretions. Hand cleaning involves either cleaning hands with soap and water or rubbing hands based on alcohol.
- Medical tourism travelers need specific health documents certified through the doctor, and a medical visa to enter Turkey for medical tourism. Please contact Turkish MFA’s website and more information on obtaining for turkey visa for this purpose.
- Subjects to the Foreign Ministry, Turkey will not pursue overstay penalties against foreign nationals unable to depart due to COVID-19, unless you move to Turkey within one month from the date of opening of the international border. We understand that if you leave Turkey by July 11, 2020, you will not be fined. You must show proof of inability to depart to immigration authorities, such as canceled flight reservations. Residency permit information is available at https://en.goc.gov.tr/
Record of Travel of United States Citizens to Turkey:
The United States is the one of the top countries in the world for the most visits to Turkey, the most recent figures, Around 578,074 people visited the country in 2019. In last year, while visitors mostly came to Turkey for ‘travel, entertainment, sports and cultural activities.
There are many interesting and amazing tips and suggetions about health that you may not know. for example health screening Whether you’re interested in health, food sources, or natural history, you’ll find the information you need on About Health.