Everyday, we see countless fashion bloggers and celebrities rocking the latest trends. But how do these looks come together to resemble the girl next door fashion? What’s the secret to nailing that perfect outfit? For starters, it’s all about knowing the right proportions.
How to get started:
- Balancing your top and bottom half correctly will make all the difference in how an outfit looks. If you’re unsure, take a cue from the pros and aim for a more tailored look on top, with looser, flowy bottoms. This is always a winning combo!
- Another key element of any great outfit is choosing pieces that complement each other well. It’s important to consider things like color, texture and overall style when putting an outfit together. And finally, don’t forget the accessories!
With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to nailing that perfect fashion look. Read on for our top picks of stylish outfits for girls.
Trends in jeans:
- One of the most popular trends in jeans right now is the ripped look. This can be achieved by either buying a pair of ripped jeans, or DIY-ing it by cutting up an old pair of jeans. Pair ripped jeans with a simple top and some sneakers for a casual look, or dress them up with heels and a fancy top for a night out.
- Another big trend in jeans is the cropped look. Cropped jeans are usually shorter than regular ones, and often have raw, frayed hems. They’re the perfect choice for summer, when you want to show off your cute shoes or new pedicure. Just be careful not to go too short – you don’t want to end up flashing anyone!
- If you’re looking for a more unique take on jeans, try out a pair with embellishments. This could be anything from sequins to beads to patches. Embellished jeans are great for making a statement, so keep the rest of your outfit fairly simple.
- And finally, wide-leg jeans are back in style! This ’70s-inspired look is perfect for anyone who wants to add a bit of retro flair to their wardrobe. Wide-leg jeans look especially good when paired with cropped tops or turtlenecks.
Trends in tops:
- Off-the shoulder tops and dresses were huge last year, and they’re still going strong in 2017. This style is ideal for summer, when you want to show off a bit of skin. It’s also perfect for layering – try pairing an off-the-shoulder top with a denim jacket or blazer.
- Another big trend in tops right now is the cold shoulder look. This style is similar to off-the-shoulder, but with cut-outs around the shoulders instead of a completely bare look. Cold shoulder tops are a great way to add some interest to a simple outfit.
- Bell sleeves are also having a moment right now. This ’70s-inspired trend is the perfect way to add some drama to your look. Choose a top with billowing sleeves for maximum impact, or go for a more subtle style with shorter, ruffled sleeves.
- And finally, lace is always a popular choice for tops and dresses. Lace adds a touch of romance to any outfit, so it’s perfect for date nights or special occasions. For a more casual look, try pairing a lace top with jeans or shorts.
Trends in shoes:
- One of the biggest trends in shoes right now is the athleisure look.
- And if you’re not into heels, don’t worry – there are plenty of stylish flats and sandals to choose from too.
- Another big trend in shoes is the mule. Mules are open-toed shoes that slip on, and they come in both flat and heeled styles.
- And finally, over-the-knee boots are still going strong this year.
With these trends in mind, you’re well on your way to putting together some stylish outfits for girls. Just have fun with it, and don’t be afraid to experiment!